GRAYS HARBOR COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
Bishop Center Technical and Marketing Facilitator
OPENING DATE: 06/19/15
CLOSING DATE: 07/07/15 11:59 PM
Full-Time, Exempt. The Technical and Marketing Facilitator is responsible for the daily technical operations of the Bishop Center for Performing Arts, including lighting, sound, set design, construction, and coordinating necessary maintenance. The role is also responsible for implementation of a strategic social media marketing plan that includes content strategy, brand awareness, and generation of inbound traffic. The Technical and Marketing Facilitator will work in a demanding environment and is expected to think creatively and respond rapidly to a constant influx of demands.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Operate, maintain and safeguard the technical assets of the Bishop Center, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
- Determine the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound, staging, and special needs, necessary for events and performances in the Bishop Center and on campus.
- Design, set up, maintain, and operate lighting and sound systems for events and performances in the Bishop Center and on campus.
- Advise the Bishop Center Manager, Faculty, and the Executive Team on the technical specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment required for individual productions and supervise the implementation of approved technical designs.
- Monitor the condition of production equipment, arranges for repair and replacement within budgetary constraints; performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Assist with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintains inventory and order specialized supplies.
- Supervise and assist with set and stage construction and management.
- Attend rehearsals and sound checks, in order to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of presenting performances.
- Manage Bishop Center schedule and serve as a liaison to internal campus departments regarding Bishop Center usage and custodial requirements.
- Assist in recruiting, training, and assignment of tasks to student workers and technical production staff members.
- Cultivate and coordinate easy-to-use, clear, concise, comprehensible website content.
- Ensure consistency of messages and branding across the Bishop Center web site and social media outlets.
- Search engine optimization/search engine marketing integration.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
- A team player who works well in a busy, changing environment.
- Ability to convey friendliness, warmth and acceptance to all individuals.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability and commitment to work with diverse populations, under represented populations, students, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of FERPA and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in Technical Theatre and Social Media Marketing, or related field.
- Knowledge of techniques, methods and procedures of theatre, dance, and music productions and presentations including stage, set, sound design and implementation.
- Knowledge of techniques, methods and procedures of theatre, dance, and music productions and presentations including stage, set, and lighting design and implementation.
- Knowledge of stage management; stage carpentry; appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Knowledge of mixing sound appropriate to each performance.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate the need for technical support for various events and performances.
- Excellent interpersonal leadership, organization, and communications skills (both written and oral).
- Strong work ethic, stamina and passion for the performing arts and working in an educational environment.
- General understanding of web site marketing.
- Minimum of three (3) years of prior experience as a Technical Director in the field of theatre production.
- Experience with Theatre Design & Technology.
- Experience planning, developing, scheduling and providing the technical supports required for each event or performance.
- Experience designing and constructing sets.
- Experience designing lighting appropriate to each performance.
- Experience mixing sound appropriate to each performance.
- Experience overseeing stage crews and student workers.
- Basic understanding of HTML and web programming language a plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude for social media, including leading initiatives on various social media networks.
- Flexibility and experience to deal with unpredictable pressures and a variable work flow or work activity.
- Working knowledge of social media channels, including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Flickr, Reddit, Digg, Delicions, blogs, etc.
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization, including keyword search.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with a variety of applications.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and general data analysis.
Requires some travel for off-campus activities. Evening/weekend work.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is required to lift and carry equipment and supplies of up to 30 pounds. Must be able to work at varying heights. Must be able to be on feet for long periods of time.
About Grays Harbor College - Bishop Center for the Performing Arts
We are a community college in Aberdeen, Washington. Our performing arts center presents over 30 performances a year.