Part-Time Assistant Stage Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Assistant Stage Manager is a vital member of the Operations Team and is primarily responsible for assisting in all production details related to Pacific Symphony. The Assistant Stage Manager reports to the Production Stage Manager.
- Coordinate all truck rentals;
- Hire and manage all casual labor crews;
- Provide Production Stage Manager contact information for all casual labor;
- Responsible for all truck loads and unloads;
- Assist with concert timings;
- Responsible for all soloist and/or orchestra hospitality, including cleaning towels and providing water for guest artists and conductor as needed;
- Assist Production Stage Manager in scheduling;
- Work with Production Stage Manager to contact vendors to obtain quotes for needed goods, services, and personnel. Coordinate the delivery of goods and hiring of extra technical personnel needed;
- Troubleshoot Pacific Symphony equipment difficulties as needed. Arrange for repair of non-functioning equipment;
- Research and recommend equipment purchases for the Pacific Symphony and work with the Production Stage Manager to determine budgets needed for said items;
- Responsible for the Pacific Symphony Warehouse organization and cleaning;
- Ensure all road cases are loaded and organized before each load out;
- Assist the Pacific Symphony percussion section with set-ups and tear-downs;
- Manage operation of rehearsals, concerts and special events involving the Pacific Symphony, working closely with VP of Operations, Director of Operations, Production Stage Manager, Personnel Manager, and Librarian to organize all requirements for productions;
- Coordinate all Family, Youth, and Symphony in the Cities show needs and stage manage services related to these events;
- Coordinate all Chamber Music show needs and stage manage services related to these events;
- Assist the Production Stage Manager with additional tasks as requested;
- Other duties as needed as they relate to Pacific Symphony.
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to handle diverse, demanding, and varying workload;
- Ability to remain flexible in quickly changing circumstances;
- Desire to work with guest artists, conductors, and musicians and to provide the best customer service possible to all;
- Ability to interact effectively with Music Director, musicians, stage crew, guest artists, personnel manager, librarian, staff, and volunteers;
- Willingness to work nights and weekends;
- Must be able to work long hours when needed;
- Must be a team player;
- Must maintain professional standards while working with highly confidential information;
- Ability to maintain a sense of humor when the going gets tough
This position is part time (approximately 20-25 hours per week) and is paid hourly with limited benefits.
How to ApplyTO APPLY, PLEASE MAIL OR E-MAIL A COVER LETTER AND RESUME BY APRIL 10, 2012 TO:Job Categories: Featured and Operations. Job Types: Part-Time. Salary: Commensurate with background and experience.
1027 total views, 1 today