Full-Time Director of Finance
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Director of Finance is a member of the PBO management team and works in close collaboration with other department leaders. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT.
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors.
• Coordinate annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the General and Managing Directors; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
• Foster and maintain positive relations with vendors
• Manage transition to Blackbaud-Financial Edge accounting software
• Maintain and manage Great Plains accounting software for historical data
• Prepare yearly IRS 1099/1042 tax form
• Maintain Paychex system, process and administer payroll for staff and performance personnel
• Maintain all insurances, personnel and workers compensation records
• Assist in preparation and submission of grants; local, state, federal and private
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
• Further develop Palm Beach Opera’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
• Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
• Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures.
• Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
• Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
Education: Bachelor Degree
Experience: 5-7 years experience in a corporate/non-profit accounting environment.
Equipment Operation: Superior computer skills including Microsoft Office and donor management programs. Familiarity with Choice CRM is desirable.
Requirements: Valid driver license and reliable transportation required. Position requires working some nights and weekends during season.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Palm Beach Opera offers a generous benefit package including health insurance and 403(b) retirement plan.
How to ApplyContact: E-Mail resume with Subject: Finance in a .doc or .pdf attachment to email@example.com. Mail resume: Palm Beach Opera, 415 S. Olive Avenue, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401. No Phone Calls, Please
669 total views, 1 today