Freelance Freelance Grant Writer and Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Baroque Band seeks an experienced freelance grant writer capable of completing new and ongoing, grants and grant-related projects, and playing a key part in the growth of the organization.
Hourly rate commensurate with experience
Grant by grant basis. Approximately 8 hours per week
ABOUT BAROQUE BAND
Founded in 2007, Baroque Band, Chicago’s period-instrument orchestra, has already established itself among the leading US baroque orchestras. Baroque Band presents its own subscription series in three Chicago area locations, including downtown at Symphony Center, and has performed at major festivals including the Ravinia Festival, and Madison Early Music Festival, and for the American Bach Society conference. Baroque Band is resident ensemble of WFMT, ensemble in residence at the Music Institute of Chicago and visiting ensemble at Grinnell College. In 2012 they were awarded a three-year Chicago Community Trust SMART Growth award.
The Freelance Grant Writer is responsible for researching, proposal writing and reporting for government, foundation and corporate grants in support of programs, events, and general management of Baroque Band.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages calendar of proposal and reporting deadlines.
- Writes and compiles government grant proposals and final reports.
- Writes and compiles foundation inquiry letters, grant proposals, and interim and final reports.
- Writes and compiles corporate inquiry letters, grant proposals and interim and final reports.
- Researches new opportunities for support from grantmakers, foundations, and corporations.
- Coordinates organization profiles in the Illinois Cultural Data Project database.
- Coordinates funder recognition and logo placement on marketing materials.
- Advises on best methods to enhance and maintain extended relationships, such as invitation to special events, donor recognition, etc
At least two years of proven grant-writing experience and experience related to the responsibilities outlined above.
- Proven, documented track record of successful grant applications.
- Classical music knowledge desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to articulate project and organizational goals and influence potential funding sources.
- Excellent research skills.
- Knowledge of financial concepts.
- Organizational skills and high attention to detail in order to coordinate grants for submission.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office is required.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
905 total views, 1 today