Part-Time Heartstrings Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Title: Heartstrings Coordinator
Salary Range: Negotiated privately at time of interview
Department: Education & Community Engagement
Reports to: Director of Education and Community Engagement
Employment Status: Part-time employment
Position Summary: Heartstrings is a major community-wide program providing free access to concerts, hands-on enrichment activities, and transportation for a range of under-served local residents in partnership with Orange County agencies. Live music experiences are customized to help Heartstrings Partner organizations fulfill their mission and to have the most meaningful impact on participants.
The Coordinator serves as the primary liaison between Pacific Symphony and all Heartstrings Partners, providing outstanding customer service and ensuring that mutual goals and objectives are met. He/she is responsible for managing Symphony concert attendance by working with Heartstrings Partner organizations to fill all allocated seats, arrange for transportation as needed, and manage all related logistics. Additionally, the Coordinator will work with select partner organizations to arrange off-site events, including event planning, contracting and supervising musicians, contributing to program content, and supervising each event day-of. The Coordinator will also be responsible for event management and planning of all program-wide events.
Heartstrings is a dynamic, growing, and evolving program. The successful candidate will possess the ability to establish and maintain strong business systems, while maintaining the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and circumstances.
• Ensure quality relationships and mission alignment with all partner organizations
• Maintain clear, regular communication with each partner organization
• Lead yearly partnership reapplication process
Symphony Concert Attendance
• Work with Heartstrings Partner organizations to determine ticket and concert requests for each season
• Distribute Symphony concert tickets to partner organizations for all concerts series
• Establish a clear and efficient system of ticket tracking and distribution
• Communicate all details with busing company for organizations receiving transportation assistance
• Confirm arrangements with all parties for each concert
• Communicate available tickets and partners to Segerstrom Center for the Arts Founder’s Plus representative and maintain a regularly updated listing of available partners and concert tickets as needed
• In conjunction with the Director of Education and Community Engagement, meet with Heartstrings Partner organization to determine event/concert goals, repertoire, and proposed format
• Contract musicians, manage musicians on-site, and complete musician payroll for each event
• Work with on-site contact to ensure that all logistics are in place for each event, including chairs, music stands, lighting, programs, and refreshments (as needed)
• Conduct assessments of each event, establishing a clear system of assessment tracking and reporting
• Participate in strategic planning and meetings as needed to contribute to the evolving nature of the program
• Manage adult and high-school age volunteers at all Family Concerts and at other events as required
• Coordinate all logistics for program-wide events and large-scale meetings as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: College degree preferred
Experience: Event planning and management, work with not-for-profit agencies and/or arts organizations, managing logistics, background in music preferred
• Strong organizational, detail-management, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and some familiarity with Microsoft Publisher
• Ability to think and perform both logistically and strategically, with the ability to adapt to changing and evolving priorities
• Self-motivation and the ability manage own time
• Punctual, persistent, a problem solver, timely, and creative
• Ability to work successfully with artists and volunteers and to manage events in a calm and professional manner
• Fluency in Spanish speaking and writing, other foreign language skills a plus
• Knowledge of orchestral and chamber music repertoire
• Understanding of social service community in Orange County
Supervisory Responsibility: Responsible for supervising adult and high-school age volunteers at all events and Symphony musicians at off-site events
Schedule and Location: This year-round position requires an average of twenty hours a week, mostly in-office, with occasional off-site event occurring during the work day, evenings, and weekends. Coordinator is also required to work five Saturday morning concert events each season. Work schedule may occasionally require up to thirty hours a week.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
How to ApplyApplication Deadline: December 3, 2012 Please mail or e-mail cover letter and resume: Attn: Susan Kotses, Director of Education and Community Engagement Heartstrings Coordinator Search Address: 3631 South Harbor Blvd., Suite 100, Santa Ana, CA 92704 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org PACIFIC SYMPHONY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
2074 total views, 20 today