Part-Time Marketing and Community Engagement Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Summary: Shriver Hall Concert Series (SHCS) seeks an organized, passionate, self-starter to fill the position of Marketing and Community Engagement Manager. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is passionate about helping this culturally significant organization reach a wider audience by managing all promotional efforts to generate awareness in the community, serving as a contact to the media and patrons, establishing and perpetuating the Series identity, and creating and managing educational activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Executive Director to develop vision and strategy for marketing and promotion of all SHCS events.
- Identify, develop, and maintain strategic partnerships and promotions with media sponsors, community partners, corporate and retail partners, securing their cooperation, support, and action to enhance SHCS marketing and public relations efforts.
- Head up grassroots efforts: develop and oversee execution of comprehensive plans for individual concerts, series, seasons, and special events as appropriate.
- Ensure a dynamic presence on Facebook and other social media outlets. Facilitate two-way conversations between SHCS and the audience.
- Develop and execute promotional agreements with partners, overseeing all details from contract administration to fulfillment.
- Act as brand ambassador for SHCS and represent institution in public and at events as directed and appropriate.
- Plan and oversee execution of events ranging from educational activities to receptions.
- Coordinate placement and distribution for brochures, advertisements, newsletters, program books, posters, presentations, signage, and promotional materials
- Monitor impact of all promotions on an ongoing basis to aid in future promotion development.Identify and leverage outreach and group sales opportunities.
- Stay informed of trends, innovations, and changes that may inspire promotion opportunities.
- Attend all SHCS concerts assisting with front of house/ticketing and acting as liaison to the media and the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Director of Operations.
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, promotions, or public relations
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills; experience writing copy a very strong plus
- Well-versed in social media and grass roots
- Proficiency in the use of computers for email, word processing, databases, and other applications including a working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Adobe.
- Attention to detail with ability to multi-task and execute plans effectively.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work under pressure and with competing priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A sense of humor and the ability to work with a variety of personalities are highly desirable
- Background in or knowledge of classical music a very strong plus
How to ApplyPlease send cover letter and CV to Ed Meyers, Director of Operations Shriver Hall, Suite 105 3400 N. Charles Street Baltimore, MD 21218-2698 Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
630 total views, 1 today